Wednesday 22 August 2012

Edinburgh - In a nutshell

Firstly I must apologise for the lack of activity from Kate. It is now nearing the end of the Edinburgh Festival which means that she can finally get back to her normal eating habits. However it would be very deceitful to say that she did not enjoy her fair share of fantastic eateries whilst up there.

I therefore thought I would share a few of these incase any of you are to visit and are stuck about where to dine:

Mum's
A good old fashioned comfort food joint that replacement Monster Mash on Forest Road. Fairly priced,  down to earth perfect for Brunch.

The Outsider
Is possibly my favourite restaurant in Edinburgh; They do the most delicious scallops. The outsider caters for all, serving small delicate dishes on their A la Carte to larger salad and skewer dishes.
P.s their lunch time deals/menu is fantastic.

Oloroso 
Is a treat. Wine is delectable and food is without fault. Lastly with one of the most spectacular views on the castle from its outdoor terrace, this has to be top of your list.

Bonzai
This was the first place I tried sushi 8 years ago and will always have a place in my heart. Their Unagi Nigiri is amazing and is always a must have when I am in the city.

The Dome
Now the main restaurant at The Dome is standard when visiting the scottish capital, however when coming in the main entrance, there is a purple curtain on the left hand side behind which is a smaller, more intimate, lowly lit version of the main dining hall, which I would more highly recommend.

Bar Napoli
With friendly (sometimes overly) staff and cheap and chearful food, for 24 hours dining (only during Edinburgh festival), this is the place to go.


The Kitchin
Now I actually didn't get to go to Tom Kitchin's  on this trip however I heard great things and if you are so lucky to get a reservation and this Michelin Star restaurant, don't turn it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment